A microsites sub-team exists within the LocalGov Drupal team.
They will design, specify, and oversee the implementation of LocalGov Drupal's microsites functionality, which will allow council content designers to create standalone sites with basic design customisation.
Much of the discussion in the sessions revolved around defining councils' wants and needs.
The team came up with ten key themes after much deliberation
- An improved experience for citizens
- Enhanced permissions - microsite-level role delegation
- Sites that are simple to manage for council digital teams
- Councils will save time and money.
- Reduce the number of microsites per council
- Existing microsites should be replaced
- Create microsites that can be customised
- Make sites with lots of features (using all current LGD functionality)
- Analytical compatibility
- Councils that are pleased with the process and product
Sprint 1 began last week
The team made made progress in:
- admins can create sites
- what content kinds and blocks site editors will have access to
- how we will develop the theme customization interface
The sprint covered conversations around
- Council microsites reclassified
- Prototype: front-end theme customization Proposal: content types, page regions, and paragraphs
- Oxford Mosaic team discussions
- Site creation, rights, content, and configuration
- Proposed admin interface
- Business-as-usual testing planning