Code Enigma commissions, configures and manages a Linux server for your use. The purpose of this product is to provide you with a professionally managed server environment so you have somewhere to place websites and other applications. Our default supplier is Amazon Web Services (AWS) however we can manage a server wherever you need it, including internal private clouds. This is not a support contract, we manage your server at a basic level, keep it secure and the software services running, and that is the extent of our involvement. It is expected that you have a technically competent developer or team, capable of operating without support, for example debugging their own application issues with the server access they have.
- Nightly, encrypted, off-site back-ups of your server to a cloud service*
- Nightly local MySQL back-ups of your database for quick data restore
- Realtime monitoring via Nagios of all Linux services
- Resource monitoring via Munin of all Linux services
- AWS CloudWatch monitoring (AWS only)
- Managed firewalls, entry points and access protocols
- Security Group management (AWS only)
- Managed intrusion protection system via OSSEC
- Full anti-virus and rootkit protection via ClamAV and rootkithunter
- Unlimited Code Enigma user accounts for your server
- Self-service user management via our dashboard
- Full 'sudo' access for your administrators
- Linux updates (including security and kernel updates)
- Security patching, if required
- Puppet-managed configuration
- Terraform-managed infrastructure (AWS only)
- Access to our secure ticketing system to raise tickets with us
- 24/5 active response (Monday 00:00 to Friday 23:59 UK time)
* volumes larger than 100GB may be subject to additional charges
What does it cost?
There is a £200+VAT one-off set-up fee and then server management fees of £100+VAT a month, per managed server. Minimum contract term is twelve (12) months.
The following software is supported by Code Enigma:
- Debian Linux
- Percona (MySQL)
- MySQL MMM
- Elasticsearch (and Kibana)
- Apache Solr (base package only)
- GitLab CE
- Jenkins CI
Software not on this list may be installed and patched by Code Enigma, but will expressly not be covered by any service level agreement and will be entirely the responsibility of the customer. No service credit may be claimed as a result of service outages where the root cause is a fault with unsupported software, including your website(s).
Service Level Agreement
- This plan includes a basic SLA of 99.9% uptime on supported software only, provided the root cause of the software failure is not other unsupported software (e.g. a customer managed application), a customer member or staff or subcontractor, or a third party supplier action.
- If a customer believes Code Enigma failed to meet the software uptime guarantees for their service(s), and they believe it is through the negligence of Code Enigma, they may raise a ticket in the case tracker, providing the reason they believe Code Enigma has been negligent and requesting a pro-rated credit for the resulting down-time.
- This plan is for the management of Linux servers provided by a third party organisation, Code Enigma makes no warranty whatsoever as to the availability of the services of the underlying supplier.
- This plan is for patching and management of supported software only, the applications and additional software you install on your server(s), including your website(s), are entirely your responsibility and any work carried out by Code Enigma on unmanaged software is carried out "as is" and not subject to any contract or warranty.
- Code Enigma offers no ticket response time or emergency response on this plan.
- Code Enigma engineers are only required to respond to requests relating to:
- specific software failure within the scope of the agreement;
- patching of supported software;
- supported software/hardware configuration requests;
- security management; or
- restoration of backups.
- Requests for assistance outside of the scope of point 6 will be invoiced on a time and materials basis at £100 per hour plus applicable taxes, minimum time 1 hour.
- Any correspondence regarding any matters outside of the scope of point 6 is carried out in good faith and outside of any warranty or service level agreement. Such a response from a Code Enigma engineer may only be taken "as is".
- The cloud backup feature is intended to be for a disaster recovery scenario, not for the restoration of individual files. On-demand back-up restore requests for individual assets accidentally deleted or destroyed by customer staff or suppliers will be invoiced according to how long the restore request takes to action, at a rate of £100+VAT an hour, minimum time 1 hour.