Code Enigma commissions and configures a Linux server for your use. This product is about providing you with a professional hosting environment, managed by us, so you have somewhere to place your websites. We usually recommend Amazon Web Services (AWS) but we can manage a server wherever you need it, including internal private clouds. Please also check our general terms of service.
What is covered by a Managed Server contract?
- Nightly, encrypted, off-site back-ups of your server to a cloud service
- Nightly local MySQL back-ups of your database for quick data restore
- Realtime monitoring via Nagios of all Linux services
- Historical monitoring via Munin of all Linux services
- Managed firewalls, entry points and access protocols
- Managed intrustion protection system
- Full anti-virus and rootkit protection
- Unlimited Code Enigma user accounts for your server
- Full 'sudo' access for your administrators
- Linux updates (including security and kernel updates)
- Security patching, if required
- Puppet-managed configuration
- Management of infrastructure supplier (if applicable)
- Access to our secure ticketing system to raise tickets with us
- Basic SLA, 99.9% uptime of server software installed and managed by Code Enigma is guaranteed, you may request pro-rated service credit
What is NOT covered by a Managed Server contract?
This is not a support contract, we manage your server at a basic level, keep it secure and online, and that is the extent of our involvement. If you are having problems managing your web applications then this is not the product for you. We provide additional Developer Support contracts for Drupal and some other applications that allow us to support your technical staff more thoroughly. There is also no response time SLA with a Managed Server, implied or otherwise. Servers backed by a stronger, 24/7/365 response backed SLA are available but are significantly more expensive.
- Full SLA
- No guaranteed response time to issues with the server and associated software
- No direct support, if you need our assistance for anything other than items explicitly covered by the Managed Server above then you will be invoiced at £100/hour + VAT
- No guaranteed response time on tickets raised
- No on-demand back-up restores (our back-ups are for server disaster recovery only, we expect clients to take appropriate steps to ensure their applications are suitably managed)
- No SLA on hardware uptime (though we can request refunds on your behalf if we are controllers of your account with a third party infrastructure supplier)
Code Enigma, provides technical support to our subscribers via our Support Ticket system. The following are our guidelines when providing support: Code Enigma provides support related to your Code Enigma virtual server physically functioning and the core Linux services. Code Enigma does not offer technical support for application specific issues such as application configuration, web or mail server configuration, websites installed on the server, or any other such issue. Code Enigma does not provide technical support to your customers.
Code Enigma reserve the right to alter these terms at any time. Appropriate notice will be given to existing clients.