We’re looking for a Designer to become a fundamental member of our flourishing design team.
The job is remote-based, as is the company. There will be some travel to client pitches, discovery and onboarding sessions as well as events.
We’re a tight-knit bunch. We want someone who will fit in for their personality as much as their skills. We like geeks! We are experts at what we do in our work lives, but we also share interests from Dungeons and Dragons to running marathons.
We are a full-service web agency that specialises in creating and maintaining websites built using Open Source software. Clients include universities, local government departments, charities, various United Nations affiliates and many more besides.
We pride ourselves in making sure we are a nice place to work. As a distributed company, all our staff work remotely, which people welcome as a great means for achieving life-work balance and avoiding the daily commute. We currently have team members in the UK and across Europe. Although you'll work remotely, we use online tools to keep the team in constant touch with each other.
The design team within Code Enigma is the best. Seriously, we have a perfect client satisfaction score. We’re determined to maintain that. We’re the newest team in the company, this means there’s opportunity to expand design within the business. Within the next year, we’re looking to develop a playbook for design and frontend which will help to unite Code Enigma in design thinking and best practices. We might be remote but we have tools in place to facilitate our collective creativity. Collaboration is everything at Code Enigma.
You’ll be our third team member. Our Han Solo. The Louie to our Huey and Dewey. You’ll help us to achieve our trifecta of design by bolstering our frontend expertise. You are someone who embraces new learning and technologies. You will be an all-rounder and self-starter. We are seeking a proactive communicator and someone who is comfortable speaking to clients.
You’ll take pride in your work. You’ll also take ownership. Working closely with developers and clients you will achieve measurable results in a fast-paced environment. This means working as a team with our clients to build the best solutions. We are also big on personal development and want someone to grow with us.
On a practical level, you will have a comfortable working space in your home to work from, preferably a separate study, and you’ll have a good internet connection.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Understanding of key design principles
- Proficiency in mobile-first / responsive web design / cross-browser compatibility and devices
- Proficiency in developing and maintaining pattern/component libraries
- Experience in web performance and optimisation
- Understanding of SEO Principles
- Demonstrable experience using browser developer tools
- Experience with build/automation tools
- Experience in developer-led testing / debugging
- Experience of working within an agile environment
- Proficient in using a range of planning and wireframing tools
- Understanding of project management lifecycle
- £1,000 and 10 days/year personal development budget
- Largely home working
- £100 per month homeworking bonus
- Starting 25 days holiday (equivalent, plus Bank Holidays) up to 30 days
- Contributory pension scheme
Salary: £24,000 to £30,000 /year