About the job
We are seeking an experienced Drupal developer to slot into our existing team and hit the ground running. You'll work on a wide range of projects and project models. Sometimes it'll be a discrete piece of code, sometimes it'll be an entire website. Sometimes you'll lead the team and sometimes you'll be the team. Sometimes you'll just come in and help out for a few weeks before moving on to other things.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Delivering Drupal (and other PHP) applications of high quality to our clients
- Helping with the technical planning of our projects
- Supporting the business in technical sales opportunities
- Maintaining and enhancing your knowledge and expertise as a developer (with our support, of course)
- Working across various teams and functions, including application support
- Contributing to open source projects, particularly Drupal
- Building and maintaining relationships with your colleagues and our clients
- You’ll work predominantly from home, this is a telecommute position, although you’ll be part of a tight virtual team. You may occasionally be required to make visits to clients and suppliers, attend training or attend other meetings with the management.
You will be a self-starter and you’ll often work from home (though you’ll be part of a tight “virtual” team, so you’ll talk to people every day). You'll need to have great people skills, because this is, in part at least, a client facing role. You'll own your projects, have confidence in your solutions and be an expert we look to.
You'll have been doing Drupal projects for a few years, and you'll have been doing that in a team environment using professional developer tools. You'll be completely familiar with site building, but also comfortable with writing custom code and modules when necessary. If you've helped maintain code on drupal.org, or participated in the Drupal community, that's a welcome bonus. You'll also be excited by the idea of expanding your knowledge beyond Drupal into other frameworks.
You'll also be up to date with the latest technologies that support you, DevOps, version control, CI, IDEs, testing frameworks, etc. and be pragmatic, but willing to lead on excellence in these areas, to improve the developer experience at Code Enigma.
What we offer
- Salary £30k-£40k (depending on experience)
- Permanent position
- Personal development plan (budget for training, events, personal projects, etc.)
- Largely home working
- Start on 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Contribution to household expenses
- Laptop computer
Just a few more practical points:
- You’ll need to have a passport and be willing to travel, but don’t worry, it won’t happen often.
- You’ll have to already be eligible to live and work in the UK or the European Union and you’ll also need to be able to speak and write good English.
- You don't actually have to be based in the UK, but you do need to be in Europe and near enough to a well-served airport to make travel simple, preferably in the UK, France, Spain or the Netherlands, where we already have a legal presence.
- Please be aware we operate a 40 hour working week, as is standard in the UK.